Recent happenings

On Tuesday, 1-22-08, Lydia and I went on a bus to Omaha to see Drake play Creighton. It went to overtime and we beat Creigton. With about one minute left, the crowd of 17,000+ got very small. Then in the Drake sections (they put us in the nosebleeds), I and some others led a chant of "Go home Bluejays!" It was cool and ironic (and a little naughty, but in a good way), since we were visiting Omaha. Lydia was laughing because an elderly gentleman sat next to me and he kept talking about the referees. He was actually very funny and kind. He graduated from Drake in 1974. For those who don't know, both Jed Harris and I were placed on the waiting list at Creighton.

Also, a week before on the 15th, I went to the Fifth District Court for my small claims action. Two women from Kelly Services (one of the worst companies on earth) showed up to the hearing. The secretary was surprised that both parties showed up. The judge ordered them to pay the full amount of my back pay, plus the 50.00 filing fee that I paid. They tried to argue that the check was cancelled accidentally and that "Our payroll department was in St. Louis, but then moved to Detroit. It was a mix up." They also tried to say that they sent out another check before I filed the claim. I pointed out that I filed on 11-29-07, and the check was issued on 12-17-07.

Lastly, I finally got my grades back from last semester. After struggling the first two semesters, I kicked the @*%# out of my classes last semester.
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: