Coolest Pinata Ever!



So Emma wanted to throw her dad a party for his birthday. And of course she wanted to play games, invite her friends, and have a pinata. I don't do that stuff, honestly. Jed says his mom always went all out. So slowly this idea grew of giving Jed a Star Wars party like he was an 8-year old. Jed had suggested that we make our own pinata for fun. He kept thinking it would just be a basketball. I went online and found out how to make a Death Star! Jed helped for the first part, then I secretly finished it and hid it. Pretty cool huh? Jed can give me all the bull he likes about he doesn't care about birthdays. (that explains why he can barely remember his family's birthdays) but he was so impressed and surprised!

First I bought a punch-balloon; a regular balloon isn't round. We then covered it with newspaper strips dipped in 1 part flour, 2 parts water. It had to have at least two layers and we put a fan on it over night to dry. (hanging in our shower). I did the rest while Jed was at school.

To the make the Death Star weapon you have to cute out a circle, invert it and tape it back in.

I then painted it all grey, added a center black stripe (with dots to be lights) and painted rest a darker grey. Other sites online sprayed on glitter and such.

I was pretty impressed myself!
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

rozanny said...

I LOVE it! That is the neatest pinata I've ever seen!

Loni said...

Wow! I am way impressed too! Good job Jenny!