This is Jake. He is huge! A 15 plus pounder, into 9 month clothes and loving every minute of it. He coos, smiles, tries to laugh, plays with his hands, wants to be held and generally is the life of the party.
The good thing is that both Ash and Emma love Jake. Emma drew a picture of her two best friends and it was Lucas and Jacob. How charming! Ash love Jake a bit too much. I get weirded out by all the affection but he does it in a loving way so far.
Isn't he charming? He has started potty training (again) for the final time and has started speaking. He asks questions all the time, wants to fix everything, and generally is the cuddliest boy ever. He sure loves me and still has to have his mommy time.
Here he is watching TV. I love how he and Emma hide and play behind the couch.
This was labor day at the beach. Not to many photos. We went up to Jupiter at Brandon and Allison's parents house. Pretty fun. They had waverunners and then we had dinner and hung out. Emma here got cold and wanted to sit by Jake. He is so popular.
Ashton found a local sand bank to slide down.
This was my birthday weekend at Disney World. I asked Jed if we could go there for my birthday. Well, the weekend before my birthday anyway.
Outside the Nemo ride they have fun metal figures. Our kids love them.
This is after the Viking Ride, can't remember how to spell it. Emma finally likes it. In the gift shop they have this big troll and viking hats which our kids love to try on. We bought them swords from there that are so soft!
Dinner at La Cellier - the highest rated restaurant at Disney World that we could afford. The french bistro (upstairs one) is better but out of our price range.
Jed bought me a birthday hat. He insisted I wear it.
Here they decorated my plate with icing and chocolate. This is maple creme brulee. I like my recipe better.
Emma as a pirate. We bought them each one thing, and they wanted pirate stuff!
I love this photo of Ash. His smile is priceless. Pirate Ash. He loves pirates. We did that ride three times in a row.
Us on the train.
Birthday sunday at the house. Jed cheated and bought me a cake. The candle was musical and sang the tune.
Jed bought me a card from each child to open. I liked that a lot! But secretly know its a waste of money. Ash's card was funny. He had no idea why I was laughing but afterward he kept opening the card and then pretending to laugh. It was a big fake laugh too.
This is a favorite photo. Jake and Ash with the same stuck up hair in the back from calics.
Jake and Ash playing on the floor.
This is a big spider. This is what happens when you don't move your car for two weeks in Florida. Animals make it their home.
Close up of big spider.
Its about three inches across. Pretty creepy.
Jake asleep with his fingers in his mouth. Gotta love that.
The Halloween Tree. What a great idea! I got it from my sister who probably got it from Gardner Village. She kept telling me how cool it was and how much her kids loved it. I kept thinking "It might be lame." But when she said she would buy me the pumpkin for the top I said Ok.
Emma knew we bought the pumpkin and kept bugging us to put it up. I was not prepared for when I actually put up the tree and put the pumpkin on top. Both my kids started singing "This is Halloween" from Nightmare Before Christmas and dancing about. They loved it. They even wanted to sleep by the tree. I used to and still do love sleeping by the lit up tree. I guess I understand what my sister said when her kids love the tree. Mine do to and this will now be a fun family tradition. Kinda creepy though, having your kids dance around chanting This is Halloween. Made me feel like I was was Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty while her minions danced around the fire. Wish I had a camera.
Speaking of cameras, I was called to help clean the church on Thursday. That is Big Bang Night. I was so sad because it was also the new season and they won't put episodes online. Well, I had Jed tape the show with the video camera. Talk about fun! It had all this background noise from the kids and Jed telling them what to do. Ash kept leaning up to the camera to look into it. Emma got in front of the TV to dance. Pretty fun!
1 comments:
I love the hair picture! I think that's awesome that they both have that cow lick! And I agree on more kids being more work. I've been babysitting and have anywhere from 3-6 kids ages 3 to 1... talk about a messy house and not daring to pull out anything that would tempt the kids (ie... scrapbooking stuff, sewing stuff, cooking stuff, cello stuff... luckily they love to dance while I play the piano.)
Post a Comment