Halloween at our house includes a carved pumpkin, by me. I just cannot let my kids loose with knives just yet. I know my parents were fine with that but I am a little worried. So I carved the pumpkin while we watched Halloween movies. Emma and Ash loved playing with it. I also found these electric lights that flicker to go inside so no candles. Awesome!
Emma wanted to be a spider-girl for Halloween. Jed bought the costumes. She looked pretty cute. I bought her the red shoes for her birthday.
Ash had been wearing his costume since we bought it. Sadly its pretty beat up. But he wouldn't pose since Jed was in the room with his light saber. Too preoccupied.
Jake went as Yoda. He is 5 months old and needed the 18 month-old costume to fit his head. Makes me think of the great scene from "So I Married An Axe Murderer" where he make fun of the kid's head.
Jed as a somewhat-lame Darth Vader. Mostly just for fun. Ash and Jake wanted that light saber.
Isn't he a chubby cutie?
Now onto Emma's birthday. Preparation for this have taken me forever! We made the pinata from a heart-shaped balloon and I made the cake with home-made fondant. I could not buy it in girly colors. I tried! I was forced to learn and it turned out ok, not great, too shiny, but it tasted good.
Emma has the same birthday as a friend of mine named Tara. So we had a double-party for them and invited all kinds of people from the ward and such. I am going to take her two school friends to a play area in a few weeks so its just them. We are lucky to have a good friend with a house that could hold us all. About 35 people were there! We had hoped to be outside but it rained. Anyway - it was crazy and loud but all the kids pretty much played together quite well.
The cake and pinata go the biggest and loudest cheers. I have never heard such a loud noise except at basketball games and such. So many girls with such loud screams.
Everyone loved the pinata and hitting it. Turned out pretty good. I got tired of gluing paper on it and left the top bare. Next time I will print pictures to put on it to take up space.
Emma and friends. Too much to ask for everyone to smile at camera. I might photoshop Emma's eyes to be at the camera. Jed was fixing the pinata (strap broke) and we took a break for a picture.
Crazy fighting over candy and Ash was right there. He sure loves his candy. We were to get rid of it all. Such a fun party. Thanks to all involved!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma! And gotta say... love the Star Wars costumes... Sammy was R2D2 this year and I was princess Leia.
That looks like so much fun! Oh I miss you guys! Happy Birthday Emma!
Post a Comment