What am I doing? Studying for the GRE!

Well, umm, hhmmmm, ok.

I was going to give myself a whole year to prepare to take the GRE. Its a big scary test. And I have to do well on it to get in. Four hours of torture. But I just kinda feel like I should do it now. And I promised. Its odd, but I promised the Lord I would take the GRE if Jed graduated and all that stuff worked out. Jed miraculously got three root canal cases and bridge right at the end so we did not have to stay. I fasted too, but it seemed desperate.

SECRETLY I sometimes plan to just take it and then not go to school. I did not promise to go to school.

But then I know that's not right either. You can't trick heavenly father either. And I am conveniently 48 minutes away from the school of my choice so what's my prob right?

I am not ready to be a dedicated student again - I want to play, look at facebook, sew, and just worry about my house being clean. And play with my camera. But that's not the plan for me. Sigh.

So I am taking the GRE. On the practice test I got 40/40 on verbal. I swear the real test will be harder. The second time I got 38/40 because I read one wrong. Gotta watch that. I am sure I will do well on the writing portion and just need to practice a bit. I grade papers all day but have not written one in a while.

And FAILED the math. I mean FAILED. I got 8/40.  Bummer! Bummer! Bummer!
So I have spent the last two weeks going over radicals, right triangles, probabilities, percentages, geometry, ratios, blah, blah, blah! No wonder I went into history.

Anyway - my math is improving. I will keep practicing my verbal - those practice tests are not the real thing since the real test 'weighs' your questions. It gives you hard ones if you keep getting them right. And will start having some practice writing sessions.

UGGG!
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: