Near the end of June my parents came for a visit. Mostly my dad wanted to kayak the marsh since he saw all our kayaking pictures. Kayaking here is different than in Colorado. Our streams are slow moving and gentle compared to Colorado rivers.
While here my Dad, Larry McGee, wanted to try on Jed's helmets. So I let him.
I am not sure if he knows the Star Trek hand signal doesn't belong in Star Wars or not.
And we were off to tour the marsh. This was the open paddle day. When they people there to help you load up and get in a busses to take you back to your car. If not - then its a two car deal and stuff. The line is several miles long and takes about four hours. That's me and my mom. She is goofy and likes to wear goofy old-lady hats, but since she is kinds old it works.
I like this pic and how Jed is leaning in to try to be in it.
It was another lovely day - but it did have a heavy headwind. That slowed us all down. We made it though! And I bought a shirt to commemorate it. I did it two weeks in a row so I was pretty proud of myself.
My parents also babysat our kids while we trooped at the Timber Rattlers game. We don't troop often together and this was a fun one. The small baseball team is always fun.
And Jacob lost his front teeth while they were here. I had to snap this pic. He looks so funny and talks funny too.
And I took my dad kayaking one last time, down the Rock River a ways. It really is lovely. We had a good time and I can't wait for him to retire and be able to come for longer visits.










0 comments:
Post a Comment