August 2019 Roadtrip Day 6

So after the pool party we busted it our and drove all the way to Green River. We got in late, and I love this photo of everyone sleeping in, but me and Jake.


And I enjoyed my last yummy Red Velvet Cake donut Lori and I bought. sniff sniff, I love these.


And out of the blue I remembered Goblin Valley and decided to take my kids there.



If you haven't been, its hot there, but amazing picturesque. 


The rocks look so interesting, you would think you are on an alien planet. 


Or that goblins lived there.


Emma on an outcrop. 



We had a fun time playing hide and seek and climbing around. 


Then jacob fell and scrathed his knee. It wasn't bad but combined with his tiredness, he just turned into a mean little bear and whined, and whined, so it ended all the fun. Yes, we want you to remember that forever jake! 



So we left and started toward our original destination, Blanding. Along the way we stopped wanted to stop at Arches. So Jim and Bev met us there. Sadly a lot of the park was closed due to the roads being repaved. So we could only see a few things and couldn't drive to the main arch.


See cool rocks, 



It was hot, and my boys were in either goofy or bad moods. Just check Ashton's face






And we decided to go on a long hike to see the signature arch on all the postcards and license plates. It was HOT! We had water, and we dragged my boys up there. Jim made it, he just kept shuffling on. But I almost had to threaten my boys with loss of limb to keep them going. So whiny!


But we made it! Sadly the boys wouldn't go the last 100 yards. They stayed in the shade, but they made it.


Emma and I posed for a pic near it. The way down was much easier, well, kinda. Still hot, still up and down and still along a rocky and sometimes narrow trail.


With some air conditioning they finally cheered up. Ashton made origami yoda book figures for us. I got Gabba the Mom (Jabba's wife)

Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

rozanny said...

It looks like a blast! I LOVE Goblin Valley and the Dinosaur Quarry is one of our favorites too. Thanks again for letting us stay, the game and the cheese recommendations... We loved every minute. P.S. The chocolate cheese is amazing and we used some aged Havarti to make home made pasta. It was absolutely amazing.