I feel the need to post some funny happenings with this little boy, and maybe a few with other kids too. Jakey has taken over our lives like all little kids do. So many things change because of his personality. We eat out less, church is a disaster every week because he screams in sacrament, he love to be outside so I spend a lot of time outside. He sneaks into the bathroom to play with que-tips, broke the printer, and just loves to pester people. Here he is climbing into boxes while Jed is putting out halloween decorations.
And we love it all. His name has morphed into the Jakey B. Not really sure why but it has. The B used to stand for boy. Jakey Boy sounded better than Jacob. And I am not crazy about JJ. I just didn't like his name or think it fitted him till I called him Jakey boy. Now I call him B. Short for Jakey B.
The B stands for many things now:
Boy
Boistrous
Bold
Brave
Blue (blue eyes)
Blond
Beaver.
Why Beaver you ask? Well, check out this photo.
He has started chewing on anything wood. He likes to bite it and has destroyed the arms of his crib! I had to put covers on them, but he got one off and its now a chewed-up mess with splinters all over his room. He bites wooden toys, window sills, chairs, his high chair, and the table. Shelves and books are also highly targeted. Good thing we got all our furniture for cheap of craigslist. No way I am buying anything nice till he gets over this.
And did I mention he bites people too? Not when he's mad either. Just whenever. He bites my shoulder when I pick him up, or your cheek when you are sitting next to him watching TV. I am redirecting him to bit his blankey but he seems to like my sweater (nice one that is called the forbidden sweater - another funny story). But let's hope this phase passes soon.
That's my Jakey B.


1 comments:
He is way cute... biting and all!
Post a Comment