I normally don't do New Year's resolutions but this year I think I might. So here they are:
1. stick to my diet and really lose 10 more pounds. I do that and then go back to my poor eating habits and gain it back. No more bungy-weight gaining
2. Learn to cook chinese food (might conflict with #1)
3. Read scriptures together as a family. Lets be honest: We are a lame family. I do not hold family home evening because Jed works such odd hours. But I can hold family scripture reading each night. So we are doing that. So far, two weeks and doing good! Only miss Fridays (anything goes nights) and we do often miss days when we don't get home till late. But every other day we have read.
4. Clean our my temple ordinance queue. This is a big project. My sister and grandmother submitted tons of names since 1997. The cards were handed out, lost, reprinted, resubmitted, blah, blah. So I am declaring legacy for them and cleaning them up. That way it all looks good in the new system. The queue is 2053 names and takes forever to load. I just want to merge/fix all cards from 2007 when they were imported to new family search. That is about 500 names. I will do the 2009 batches next year.
The results so far:
3. Reading scriptures is so far a success as I described above.
2. Chinese Steamed Pearl Balls are so yummy!
1. I found five new recipes to try and they have all been so good that resolution #1 will need rededicating to. They are: Butterscotch cookies, Runza (meat pies), Dark chocolate chip muffins, and I so want to make these yummy cauldron cakes by sugarbeanbakers.blogspot.com
I will make them over the weekend... maybe... if I can wait that long.
4. I cleaned out all the names up to March 2007. Only 435 to go.
Tomorrow we drive to Madison to see where I can park for classes starting in one week. Yippee!
0 comments:
Post a Comment