Just another update

So how are things with us? Could be better since we are all sick. I am on an antibiotic, I cheated and gave some to Ash, and Jakey seems to be getting better on his own but he has only been sick for a few days. Jed and Emma escaped with only a three-day cold. I am on three weeks and counting. Why do I take forever to get well? Poor Ash. He is just like me! Those brown eyes and brown hair are linked to a weak immune system gene.

Glad Jakey looks just like Jed.

At any rate, life is super fun right now. I enjoy my class. It has already make me look at things differently and its only been one week. I love the reading - not boring at all! But it is very challenging. It is kicking my trash. The other students use words I have never heard used before. I downloaded a dictionary app for my phone so I can look them up in class but then I feel silly for using my phone in class. Sheesh!

Just some cute stuff I want to remember:
When reading scriptures as a family (yes- we do and it is super hard to do but we keep trying) it was Ashton's turn. He just repeats us. Well, his scripture started off about Lehi being in a tent and Ash turned to us and said in a very firm voice. "That is not how it goes! It starts 'And it came to pass...'"  I just sat and laughed. He thought all scriptures started that way since most of them do. So firm...

Emma is beginning to defend her points quite well. I was cutting her hair and just trimming an inch off or so and she said "I want my hair like yours." I asked if she wanted it short. She said yes. I asked why. She responded that her neck gets hot at school and short hair won't do that. Well I didn't really want to cut her hair short so I said that maybe Jed wouldn't like it. That maybe he would be shocked. She said quite clearly, "No he won't. Daddy will say it looks cute or something." Well, for her to think this way is new. Kids with autism don't always make good judgment leaps. So she now has short hair. But I talked her out of bangs.


Jakey does this score thing. When he does something he is proud of (notice I am often not proud of it) he holds both arms up like a goal post and says "Whoo hooo!" It really is super cute. Right now he is destroying my silverware drawer.

And tonights new recipe from Chow Ciao:  Perfect Italian Meatballs


Makes 12 meatballs:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup or a bit more of ricotta cheese
2 tb chopped garlic or minced garlic
1 tb chopped shallots or onion
1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
1 cup panco bread crumbs or regular
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt and one of pepper

Take good size bowl and beat egg in it. Add salt/pepper garlic and onion. Beat well. Then add rest and mix with your hand till all mixed. Wash hands. Coat hands with oil and roll 12 good size balls. You can either bake at 350 till done (unsure of time) or use a pan and a can of pasta sauce. Pour sauce in pan, put in meatballs, cover and cook on medium for 10 minutes. Turn meatballs over and cook 10 more minutes. Yum!
Serve with a pasta if you want or not.  Remove meatballs, place in dish and then cover with sauce and garnish with fresh herbs like basil or parsely. Or like us, sprinkle more cheese on top and enjoy!



Did I mention that we enrolled Emma in basketball? We did. It is called Little Dribblers. Not the best name, he, hee. Anyway we got to her practices and I let Jake and Ash play in the stand while we watch.




Did I mention the spend most of their time being silly? Here Jakey is trying to lay down like Ashton but he doesn't quite get it :)

It is actually a pretty cool program. Several high school players and their coach divide the kids into groups and work on passing, shooting, dribbling, and such.

Emma is so girly! But she is getting better.
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

rozanny said...

Her hair looks cute! I'm glad that you guys are well! Miss you.