Yesterday was hard day on my kids. I got mad and entered army sargent mode and made them clean their rooms and give away unused toys. They had to go to the dentist (who is their dad) and they got stuck in the closet.
The story goes that they entered the closet to use their wand that light up (its dark in there). They then shut the door and tried to turn the knob. It just twisted off and they were stuck. Emma says she tried to tell Jakey to come get us but he said no and went right on playing with her toys. Emma told me they said lots of prayers and she hugged Ashton because he was crying really hard. It must have been about 30 minutes.
Jakey finally came downstairs. I was washing dishes and did not hear them yelling. I changed Jakey's diaper and then when he wanted one of Emma's toys I told her to come get it. I went to find her when she did not come down. I was standing at the bottom of the stairs and heard her tearful voice say they were stuck.
The best was the part where Emma told me that Ashton kept saying over and over, "We are doomed! We gonna die and turn to bones!" It's funny now - and dad fixed the lock - but I think their closet playing days are over.
1 comments:
I LOVE that they were "doomed!"
Post a Comment