Christmas was a bit interesting this year. I don't normally shop for myself. Jed does that, and in the past he always gets me several gifts and a santa present. In the days leading up to christmas I was informed by almost every family member that I would not be getting a gift or would get it later. Jed said he just didn't have time to shop (which is true) and I really didn't want to take my kids shopping right before christmas. There was a line to park in the parking lot at Walmart. So, I got three gifts this year. Jed did buy me a pair of boots. I got two gifts, a few pictures from my mom and a necklace from my dad. A very small christmas compared to the norm. My stocking sat alone with nothing in it, and no santa gift while everyone else's was overflowing, and I opened only the few gifts.
Emma asked me with a sad look, "Where are all your gifts?" I replied that I must have been naughty this year so Santa didn't leave me anything. This bothered her quite a bit. She kept coming up and hugging me and telling me that I had better be good next time and that she still loved me. Ashton laughed at me for being on the naughty list.
Well, I know the real truth. Next time, buy my own gifts! Just in case.

1 comments:
Well at least your kids will believe you when you say that they'd better be good or else Santa won't leave them anything.
Post a Comment