Snowed In

So this is my first blizzard since living in Kansas as a child. We are (were) trapped in our house by huge snow drifts up to 5 feet deep. Here is Jed standing near the edge of one. Luckily a nice farmer came by and make a narrow pass with his super cool snow blower on his tractor around 2pm. We have been trapped for two days. He probably came to save the car that was stuck in the middle of the road farther on. It was fun to watch him go by and spray snow hundreds of yards high. And our neighbor already plowed our driveway. People in Wisconsin are sure nice! I mean that. I have had people turn around to follow me to tell me I left my cap off my gas and such. Nice, nice, nice!



Jed went for milk and chains for our car. I almost couldn't get up the hill in our van two night ago. It was crawling just an inch at a time, sliding to the side. I thought for sure I would end up in the ditch and have to walk the last mile home. The county plow came though too, just now. It is one big wall and the wind might blow it back over the road again tonight. Jed had to cancel work for two days. He hates being snowed in! The sad truth about being self-employed. You don't work, you don't get paid. No sick leave, no vacation. We will just have to save up for emergencies like this. And it is just his first week.
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

rozanny said...

Amazing! I hope your kids went sledding.