Well, with that we have been up to lots of things this month. First, Jed decided to invite all kinds of people from our branch to Thanksgiving with us. That isn't a bad idea but when he said "we" he really meant Jenny. So I got the task of organizing and cooking, inviting and double-checking, dinner for about 30 people. Now most of them were kids. But still. That is a lot. In the end a few others took on big tasks, like making rolls, and I just had to make the signature dishes - turkey, ham, gravy, stuffing, yams, veggies, pumpkin pies, and olives. It still took forever!
And I forgot to take photos - dang!
But Jed and I went to two BYU games. BYU vs Madison, and BYU vs Notre Dame. The madison game we went with good friends and it was fun. The Notre Dame game was awesome! Now it was super cold and windy - like 22 degrees cold. I wore 6 layers and I am not kidding. Two hats, two gloves, ski pants, you name it. Jed pitied me and gave me his face guard. The only part of me exposed to the air was my eyes. Should have brought ski goggles.
Anyway - it was so fun. My dad went with us. He is super funny when in a good mood. The campus is just like BYU. I miss that. Clean, lots of good fun, religious groups, not frat parties that I could see or drunk fans. It was really refreshing. The food was done by Catholic service groups, students were so polite. No hecklers either. And tons, and I mean tons, of BYU fans. That was worth the drive and ticket price any day.
Touchdown Jesus from the field
Jed and I at the game start.
Our pretty good seats.
Once it started blowing and snowing - this is what I looked like.
It was odd. The blizzard came in quickly and the fans all cheered. Almost like "bring it on!" It was pretty amazing to see the snow swirly in like a huge cloud.
And it snowed till the end. After Notre Dame won, they let people on to the field. I guess it was to celebrate the senior players but we went down too.
Yep - isn't he handsome?
goal post shot
My dad and I. Same nose
This is the Jesus mural. It is really stunning. It has this cubist style and has many saints. Did I mention we were able to enter a few building and look around? They were lovely. The golden dome building has amazing paintings and murals. The church bells rang out too, and the band had a huge pep rally across the main square.
Not to say the Madison game wasn't fun either - but its a normal school kind of fun. Lots of frat parties, hecklers, but good game, good food, and loads of traffic. Not much to see on campus, and lots of drunk students. However, they did have football players singing Karaoke. That was funny!
Aren't we a cute couple?
We had seat about three rows back. We thought since it said row 10 that it would be farther but the rows 1-7 were on the grass.
Jayne and Mike Shuett.
We were close enough to see BYU flags go by (the BYU section was over a few) but there was this mega fan with a big flag up front who would wave it around.
The band was the best part. They moved around the stadium and played behind you. Also they did Phantom of the Opera at half-time and had the phantom pop up randomly around the stadium. Actually three phantoms.
All in all, these were some fun football games.
1 comments:
I love family visits!
Post a Comment