I can hear you saying, What More July stuff? Well, like I said, we've been busy and yes there is more!
Next on my picture posting list is Emma's softball tournament. Jed was coaching, Emma was playing/warming up, and these two were playing in the sandy/water area. Isn't it awesome! Perfect for keeping kids busy while parents watch games.
Ashton building a castle
Jacob tongue bombing my photo. He does this a lot now.
Jed helping coach, and running the pitching machine.
Later the boys changed to spitting water on the grass. It really quite funny.
Isn't this the best photo!
Emma scoring a run. Her team was so hot from warming up the girls just would play well till the last inning. So they lost the game but the next day played super well and lost only by one run for the gold medal in the consolation bracket. Probably would have done well in the regular bracket if they had been motivated the first game. Kids are like that. Oh well.
Then I went to Texas. Remember how I was going to take the kids to Texas but Ash got sick? The reason was to see if it was a place we would like to live. Jed will be partnered in the practice in December. And we just weren't sure we want to stay here. But we don't have a clue where we would like to live. We have many friends in Tx, so I decided to go check it out.
I flew to Houston and drove up to Conroe, which is pretty with lots of trees like here. I ate catfish at a small stand, took lots of pictures of the area, and although I liked it, was pretty sure my family would not. Sigh. Jed really likes living in the country. I like living where its green and humid. Texas really isn't any of those things. And our kids cried when we said they might have to leave their friends. The really kicker came when I went to the ward. I didn't have a bad experience, but the ward was huge. And our little branch needs us. Actually needs us! Hard to say no to that. So we are staying here in Wisconsin.
So it was just a fun Tx vacation then.
Blueberry jalapeno jam, and peach/jalapeno, and strawberry jalapeno. Cool huh? Not that I want to try any.
Me on the beach. Of course I went to the beach!
Oil, chemical, and more chemical plants. They stretched along the beach area for miles. Not very pretty but I am sure they provide good jobs.
A hindu temple in Pearland. One city I was scoping out. I just decided to find a few landmarks to visit in each city. That way I got to drive around, check out the area, and still get to see something.
Selfies
It was ornate, with really cool carvings all over it.
Then I decided to view the Hindu Mandir in Sugarland, yet another city I was scoping out. It was lovely.
No pictures or shoes allowed inside. The workers were so friendly, and I got to tour it. It was a very peaceful place, and you could tell the workers had a reverence for it. I really loved it.
The I went downtown to visit a chocolate bar and boot store. Almost bought boots, almost. And found this one a fence. The texas star.
Went down to a beach near Galvaston. This reminded me a bit of Dania beach. But no trees. Not sure if the last hurricane uprooted them all, but it was just empty land with houses near the shore. Me standing under a house pictured below.
I did love walking along the beach and collecting shells. Maybe we will just take a few trips now and then to the beach.
0 comments:
Post a Comment