St. Patrick's Day

Jed works a lot of Saturdays. And lets me honest, I like to go places and see things. When St. Patricks came around I wanted to go do Irish non-alcoholic stuff. So we went to the Parade in Milwaukee, and with a warmer spring it wasn't too bad.


Emma of course dressed up every inch of herself in green. I wore a Notre Dame hoodie, Jake had green shoes, and Ash wore his ninja turtle hoodie. We were still cold with a blanket but enjoyed ourselves.





They have a man dressed up as St. Patrick and I got to explain to my children about how he was a great missionary in converting the Irish people to Catholicism. They handed out cards about him too.


Pipe and drum bands were my favorite.


And other cool floats.


The historically accurate old-fashioned weapon and armor group was pretty neat to see also. (can you tell I don't know the groups name?)


And my kids favorite, cool one wheel bike. The outer circle is the wheel and the guy inside steers by leaning. It was very interesting to watch.


Afterward I dragged my kids to the Irish Cultural Center, we ate irish food


underneath Irish flags


And then were entertained by another Pipe and Drum band


and Irish dancers. Some were national competitors. Very fancy costumes and all very good.


All in all - a fun Irish filled day.

Category: 0 comments

0 comments: