My deep dark secret

Not like its that dark, but yet it is. Maybe that's why I love dark chocolate and red. Maybe its because I love conformity and look great in white. Either way, while Jed loves to dress up as the light side of the force, I secretly covet the dark. And I finally voiced out loud to someone that I've always wanted to be a storm trooper for halloween!

Now that is absolutely true. Sorry it is. While I made Jed his jedi costumes, I always wondered and looked to see what being a storm trooper would cost. And it was a lot! When we were married three years in 2000 I looked at a costume that was 750 dollars. Too much for poor students.

Then when we moved to Florida in 2007 I was introduced to the 501st legion - Vader's First. So cool! I have them all the cash I had for their fundraiser, took pictures with a scout and wished I knew or had the money to be a storm trooper. Then came Star Wars Days at Disney World, and the Star Wars Celebration. Everywhere you look are storm trooper costume clad people. And I secretly was so jealous without having any clue how to get a costume.

That desire has stewed for almost 20 years. Eighteen to be exact. Till one day Jed said I needed to be a Jedi too. And then I confessed - I liked the dark side. You think he would have figured it out. I bought an AT-AT lego set. I like the Red Guard, Vader, and Storm Trooper shirts. And I fessed up to wanting a costume and joining the 501st. Needless to say, I think that since this was 18 years in the dark kinda struck him that he doesn't know everything about me.

And then C2E2 happened. And guess who was there? A bunch of storm troopers who told me some things to do to get started. Jed was so excited, and a gal was there with black trooper armor (shadow trooper).

Well, he almost went out and spent his whole bonus on a storm trooper costumer for 1800. When fraud prevention called me, I almost lost it! No way was I paying that. I still have limits you know. And I wasn't sure it would be 501st approved.

So I told him I was going to buy and research my own. And I did, and I ordered a kit I can make myself. (whatever, it will be like the patio thing and I know I will need Jed's help). And not to mention that he gets the best hubby of the year award. That one act will warm my heart forever. Well, as much as you can warm a heart that is shriveled and black to begin with.

But its on order and should be coming in January! Sigh....



And until it gets here I was told I can easily make a Bridge Crew Member costume to join up. That actually sound fun too. The people at the 501st sound so nice! I think I will really like joining. Now off to make my officer uniform and get started.

Category: 0 comments

0 comments: