July rocked on with tons of fun things to do. I really have been glad that I do not work and am able to hang out with my kids on summer days. My kids formed a fun club and wrote up a bunch of rules. Notice that the number is fake.
And we went again to Bookworm Gardens. It really is so much fun!
Each area is based from a book. Below is a stone dog that is very dirty, and next to its is a book stand where you can read the book about the dirty dog getting a bath. Jake just loves to pretend clean the dog.
There is a stone sheep you can pretend to ride
a garden full of interactive musical instrumental things to explore
pretty walkways with tile words
a big bears house with cook mushrooms and gnomes
a place to make fairy houses
a japaneese tea house
the hungry caterpillar
and a koi fish pond
While there we stopped by the Kohler Design center, or "toilet museum" as it is informally known. Down the basement they have a lot of history on toilets and bathroom fixtures.
Emma wishes the lavender ones from the 40s were back in style
and upstairs is a super fancy showroom with toilets that open, spray, flush, heat your bum, and do it all from a touch pad. Super fancy!
Jed's work held a brat fry and he was on the radio! Actually, he is on the radio all the time for ads and stuff.
We had a fun time too.
Then we went to Baraboo for the Circus Parade! And while walking around my boys played on the artillery gun and had a blast.
Then we sat and watched the parade.
It had so many fun floats and people.
And the cool part is that they bring out all the restored circus wagons the museum keeps. They are so pretty!
and Elephants - no circus should be without elephants.
There were so many interesting clowns too
and a clown band, three of them actually.
And Ronald McDonald made an appearance! I remember him.
A whole bunch of kids on stilts, with butterfly wings.
A guy dressed up as a fish.
This giant shopping cart was really cool!
The city put a bunch of metal elephants around town, they are all unique and very cool to walk around and look at.
and this is bucky I think - from the Wisconsin badgers. And he is creepy, the creepiest mascot ever. I had to take a picture.
Giraffes!
And after the parade we went to Fox Lake and looked at antique cars. I love these roadsters.
And this is a pic of Emma and her friends at Young Women's, this is bring your pet day. Emma couldn't bring her pet - fish don't travel well in cars.
Emma in the back, and then Kyra, Arianna, Lizzie, and Emma K.







































1 comments:
I love every single thing you post. You guys know how to have fun and I love seeing all the time you spend together as a family.
Post a Comment