Explaining birth to Emma

We have told Emma that I am having a baby, and that the baby is growing in my belly. This has been rather fun since she is old enough to get excited about having a new baby brother - name Jacob. In true child-like fashion she asked if the baby was going to come out of my mouth. I guess I can see the logic in that. You put food into your mouth and it goes into you belly. Why not reverse the process to get the baby out?

I sat there with an open mouth trying to decide what to tell her. Then she further confunded me by stating matter-of-factly "that will hurt!"

I said it would but I would be ok. What else was I to tell her?

On a more positive note for all my family who have asked if they still need to fervently pray for us, the baby is fine! I get to have an ultrasound every three weeks due to my past miscarriages and my asthma medication. My last one showed a growing, healthy, sleeping, baby boy. He wasn't awake that was for sure. He sure looks cute...
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Yay a boy! I think last time I talked to you, you weren't sure if it was a boy or a girl. That's so exciting and I'm glad that he's growing so well! You know... when I was pregnant with Sammy, my niece who was about 9 asked me if we had sex to get pregnant... hmmm. Yes, but how much do I tell a 9 year old niece?

Jenny said...

Tell her to ask her mom! Then you are not in trouble. Wow, we are so not ready to explain that kind of stuff to Emma.