
Emma has homework every weekend; it is to read from her poetry book she makes at school. Poems are usually like: Roses are red, violets are blue stuff. They help learning rhythm and rhyming. Anyway, the new poem this week was about how ducks do not need shoes or slippers. And along with each poem, Emma gets to draw a picture to go with the poem. This was the picture.
I do not see any relation to ducks, slippers, or webbed feet. Instead, Emma informed me, this is a picture about Dad (Jed) getting angry (note the angry eyes she gave him) telling her to brush her teeth. The text/sign Emma made is of her saying that she hates brushing her teeth.
Along with the drawing Emma made of Jed and I sleeping in different rooms of our house (which is not always true) Jed and I cannot help but wonder what her teachers think of us!
1 comments:
I do have to say that I love the angry eyes!
Post a Comment