Painting, moving, sorting fun

I have no idea what prompted us to to this, but we decided to swap rooms with our kids. Our kids have been used to having the master room. It is bigger and can accommodate more toys. But since I am expecting we are trying to decide what to do with ourselves. Our contract is up the very same week I am due. Breaking it will result in a penalty. Staying past it will mess up us moving to another place. (who wants to sign someone up for a 9 month contract?) Since people cannot buy homes here, rentals can demand three months rent up front and contracts. Then if we move during the summer, we will just have to move nine months later. Why bother?

So we decided to just stay and tough it out. We got a storage unit to help create some space and emptied one closet. It is a huge closet that is a mini-playroom with desk and dressers in it. That took care of toys. And since we were moving everything - why not paint? The kids room is now a beautiful ocean blue with nemo and tinkerbell stickers. Pretty cute actually. And we used leftover living room paint to paint our room.

Several days later the rooms look good, one closet still needs sorting and cleaning out, but the living room is still in total chaos. That is where everything ended up while we painted both rooms. The sheer amount of stuff we have reminded us again of why we don't want to move twice in one year. The good thing is that we were forced to sort out clothes we would not really ever use again. I got rid of a whole bag or two of toys and blankets. We gave it all to Haiti Donations. Now I just gotta make new curtains and finish the last closet.

And I purchased and installed a new printer. That is what we have been up to!
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: