November should be about being thankful (not getting chrismassy yet). So like so many others I am writing thankful posts. I hope to add one each day or so.
To get caught up:
1. Lately, I am thankful for my health. I do have problems, (asthma, hip pain) but I can walk, run, move, exercise, and have nothing that will harm me. What more could I want?
2. Kids: three of them. And they are not model children, Emma has autism, Ash has sensory issues, Jake is super stubborn. But they are like sunshine. My world is dark without them.
3. My mom: I am sad to say I appreciate and love her more now that I am older. She has degenerative arthritis and I just realized I have only heard her complain oncer. Once! I am not kidding - it makes me feel like a general authority in a talk who says their mom never yelled. She has had it for over 20 years, it makes it hard for her to move in the morning till she takes her meds. She is quirky but she is a good woman and a faithful woman. I am blessed to have her.
4. Jed, I'm always thankful for him. Super fun and super sweet. It is wonderful to have him as a best friend, soul mate, and companion.
5. A house: living in a condo for four years in Florida makes you so glad to have your own home again. Your own space, no neighbors downstairs, your own world. I love renting this house and still have hope to buy one a soon as we know what we are doing.
6. Our country: People often comment I am not very patriotic. I think that is not true. I love living in the US. Being a historian I note and can list our many faults and mistakes. I do not harbor the same fanaticism as others but I am glad to live here, have the right to vote, to have the freedoms we enjoy, and to enjoy the peace it brings.
7. Today I am thankful for my small branch. We love our small branch. More than all our other wards. How odd! All we have is each other and since we are desperate, we just take what people can give and don't care. We sure hope we stay in Beaver Dam for a while. And wouldn't it be nice if Bev and Jim served a mission nearby?
0 comments:
Post a Comment