More Thankfulness

Continued...

8. I am thankful for Emma's sweetness. She gives me a hug when I lose my temper. Last night as Jed was driving and I almost threw up in a McDonalds cup, she leaned forward and patted my shoulder. Jed didn't even do that. She is so sensitive to others feelings and tries to make others happy. She is so soft for my rigid ways. I love it.

9. Emma calls me Momma. Not Mom. kum-ba-yah

10. Ashton's brown eyes. I don't care who you are. Everyone needs a kids that looks like them. One that steals your heart whenever you catch sight of them in the morning because you see yourself in them. Ashton has my eyes, my smile, he twitches his feet like me, and eats same food as me. Melts my heart... (that's why I can't discipline him well too. Jed has same problem with Jake, and Emma, well she's too sweet to get into trouble)

11. My education - I love my mind and how it works. There is a fabulous part of Austen's book Persuasion where Anne (the leading-lady) looks at two younger, prettier, and more popular girls and decided she wouldn't trade her own cultured mind for such attributes. I often think that. I would rather be smart and have my education than be pretty and popular. I love learning and my degrees were worth all the effort. Even if I don't get accepted into school (cross all fingers and toes), I plan to find a place to start teaching again.

12. Jakey's personality. Jakey needs me, comes into our room at 6:30 and gives his 'mommy' a hug. He often just has to have some cuddles before he can start his day or end it. He always comes to find what I am doing and 'help.' He laughs so easily, has a super cute, sneaky grin, and goes along with the fun. Last time they rode in Jed's truck Ashton was making farting-noises with his arm and then saying "I farted!" Jake would make a noise too and go "I fart" and laugh like crazy. That's my boy!
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: