My long absence

No, I have not stopped blogging, unlike so many I know. Facebook really is easier but I find that I still like my good old blog.

No, I have been moving. And painting, and moving and cleaning, and packing and unpacking. And it almost done! Yesterday we cleaned out the cellar. Which in an old house is a basement with stone walls, think cobblestone, and lots of bugs and mice. Uggghhh! At any rate, tomorrow we clean, spackle, touch paint it all, and it's done!

Hurray!

Our new house is mostly organized with only three rooms full of chaos. That is pretty impressive. Jed really hates the moving stage so he has been dedicated to unpacking and setting up whatever we moved that day. It lasted till last week when it was just time to get out so we could paint and stuff. So now we have half a garage of boxes, half a family room of piles, one sewing room of piles and one storage room half organized. That is not too bad. We have a lot more space in this house which I love. Here is the outside of it. I call it yellow but its really a tan color. I bought the star. I just love it.


The trees hide that is has a nice front porch and an orange door. It does have a huge yard.

And these are my front trees! They are sugar maples, and turn yellow in October and then red. I just love them. They are so pretty. Then all the leaves fall and it looks like a carpet.




And we also had to spend a day raking. Well, several days. The city comes to pick up leaves if you pile them near the curb. I got the big mess mostly there. Well, tomorrow is one of the last days of moving. We hired a couple of unemployed people from our branch to help us clean and paint. And the will be worth it! Let's hope it gets all done tomorrow. Or at least Tuesday. Then we can enjoy Halloween.



Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

rozanny said...

It looks amazing! I soooo love your trees!

Amy said...

Congratulations Jenny! It's beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys!
Also, I love my good ole blog too! Sad that no one really does it anymore. I'm glad that you do!