January 2016 Fun

January flew by, it was cold but that is normal.  Here are just a few highlights from that month.


Ashton's Holidays in Germany project - he drew a snowflake, and a green building, his best friend Riddick drew the German Flag, and the other partner drew a building, and a gingerbread house.


Ashton took Bully to school and he got stolen. Ashton was so heart-broken I bought him a new stuffed pug off Ebay. When it arrived, it was a mini version of Bully. So mini-Bully came to be. And he had to ride the escalator at the mall.


My friend Leslie and I tried to go the the Candlelight Walk at the Horicon Marsh this year. It was super windy and super chilly. We walked about 100 yards then turned back to be by the fire.


So much work walking this year.


A few days later I took this reading off my car at 10am in the church parking lot. Uggg, it was so cold!


Ashton's cub scout pack had their derby and Ashton made a car just like his Minecraft creeper. Jed sanded the block and made the ridges. I just helped Ashton paint the squares on and stuff. It turned out pretty nice.


I got lots of ideas for our derby next year - if we have one. They made licenses for each of the boys. How cute!


The track had flags to keep kids off. I like that idea!


Here we are waiting for it all to start. They had hot dogs and chips too. I include both shots because I love my kids faces on each one. Especially Ashton's face. He is getting that goofy older boy look to him.



Emma's car had a unicorn head and wings. It flew! Those wings must have given it lift. Fastest family car out there.


Ashton's car didn't do well, I admit we didn't know about polishing the wheels and such. Next year we will do better.


And this was just a random evening at our house. Jed was bored, got a hold of a Vader mask and black hoodie and pulled out his lightsabers. Its sad that he has so many of them.


You can see the mask in the one below.


I love Ashton's silhouette in the one below and Emma's fight stance.


It finally snowed! and was warm enough to go out into it. Jed piled all the snow that build up on the porch to the stairs so the kids could sled down it.


Sadly the surfboard didn't work, it was too long and just nose-dived into the snow. Emma didn't stop though, and she landed in the snow.


I love this photo of Jacob. He really enjoys rolling around in the snow.


Then Jed and Emma used the boards as forts and let the snowballs fly. I enjoyed it all from a safe distance.


Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

rozanny said...

And the pug on the escalator is something that Evelyn would totally do.