Posted by
Jenny
Lydia works in corrections. Her job is dangerous. Lori works in collections, her job is to suck money from dead beats. My job is to teach - and it really is not that boring. Today I found a student had submitted a purchased paper to me as an assignment. Then of coures this student denies it on the phone, even though I can go see a website that sells the paper. I wonder why students bother. If he had been honest I might have worked with him. In fact, I know I would; I am a total softy. But he insisted someone else stole his paper. I could go purchase the paper and prove it to him. Even teachers can visit those cheat sites; they aren't private and they don't restrict teachers at all. So that is that. I admit I take it personally. Is it that he thinks I am too dumb or busy to notice that suddenly he is writing A papers? Is it that he thinks he won't get caught? Or is he desperate? I really don't want to know. On the plus side I finished reading my BOM again. I was supposed to finish it last year but am 2 months late. At any rate I am proud of myself and I do enjoy daily reading scriptures. When you read the BOM that fast, you really notice the story line and can see how the nation grew, expanded, and collapsed. Makes me wonder what LDS scripture studying guys think about Olmecs or Mayans. I think I need to get some cool books to peak my imagination and the latent historian in me.
Category:
0
comments
0 comments:
Post a Comment