Goals:
survive dental school (no plan needed really)
finish my PhD - this means I need to retake the GRE, learn to speak spanish and research schools. In fact I need to get thinking about this because Jed will be done in two years. He is training for clinic.
Have at least one more child, hopefully two: After I have surgery on my nose we intend to try to have our third child. But if the third child has autism again, I may be done. But I really want two of each... we will see.
Pay off student loans: this means that after Jed gets a job we live normally for about 4 years to pay off the bulk of our loans. That means no big house or new cars. Just used cars and we may rent too. But that is ok. I can't believe how my standards have fallen since living in Florida. I would be happy with a 10 foot strip of grass since we have none. I would be happy living in a rented house with a third bedroom. I don't have to own a big house anymore, with a big yard. But I would love a three bedroom.
Learn to take better pictures: right now that means taking a photography course at a local community college and studying online. I think I will get a book and first that means getting a better camera.
Serve a mission: I plan to convince Jed to start saving for our mission when we get out of dental school. Then we can go on a couple mission when we are older.
Save for kids mission: I have this cool idea of setting aside money for our kids missions too. Did you know that if you put away 2,000 when they are born by the time they are 20 it should be about 20,000? So that is the goal. I think they can pay for their own education myself.
Go to the temple twice a year: with a temple being 4 hours away this is a lofty goal considering I have two kids. But its my goal to get to the temple sometime soon. Jed and I have this idea of going and one parent staying at the hotel while the other can attend the temple. We just need to implement it.
Anyway this is my plan - we will see how it works out.
0 comments:
Post a Comment