Not a diet post but hey who cares?

Ok, so this is not a diet post. But I still have 11 pounds to lose. I will get there. My sister in law with super skinny legs is coming to visit and I really want to look a little better in a swimsuit. That should be motivating. Then again I have over 200 leftover hershey kisses from a young women's activity that are in my hall closet calling my name!  We will see. I love sweets.

Ok, so I am in young women's and for those who don't know I am a pretty religious type of soul. My friends from high school are snickering and saying 'we could tell.' Anyway we encourage our youth to complete goals to help them become closer to Christ. And as a leader I get to do them too, only less of them. So I need a journaling space to do so.

Here is one I am working on: Write in your journal how scriptures teach us that Heavenly Father is mindful of you and loves you.
- Of course I had to read several scriptures from the bible and DC. It was actually kinda sweet. Most of them spoke about how God knows who we are, and that he knows our needs before we ask, and that his greatest joy is to have us return to him. It is special to think that he loves us above all other things, even to sacrificing his time and energy, that we are his source of happiness. Having my own munchkins helps me understand. I love them, they make me so happy! I willingly sacrifice things and don't even miss all the activities that I did before they were born. It so much easier to deal with feelings of being alone or worthless when you know how important you are to someone.

This is an excellent example. About 3 weeks ago I ran into a graphing calculator in a box. I have no idea why but I pulled it out and put the box back into our overstuffed closet. Last week my friend Alex asked me if we had a graphing calculator and I remembered I had found it and went to go find the box. I glanced at the TV and there it was. I picked it up and gave it to her that day. Her hubby needed to take a final and they could not afford to buy one. The school did not have one to rent and they had no idea what to do. I think the Lord had me do that, in fact I know he did. Just for them. He knew they would need it. It had been in that box for three years - I had no reason to pull it out. I just did it mindlessly and only remembered when she called me. I would have never found it if I had not taken it out of the box. I firmly believe the Lord knows of our needs and finds ways to answers our prayers, even those we don't ask. Pretty special if you ask me.
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: