Got eliminated and bible stories with Emma

Well, boo hoo for me. I got eliminated this round. It was still fun and I got lots of new kits to work with. I will be a bit depressed for a few hours and then move on. At least it will save me time from having to do LO for this team. At any rate, we have been watching bible stories with Emma and lately she has been asking those wonderfully awkward questions.

Here is the latest.
We were watching one where Moses is commanded to free the people of Israel. All the other plagues did not bother her till the one where God kills all the first born sons of Egypt. After watching this one sunday morning she told me she did not understand why this happened. I tried to explain that God had told them to let the hebrews go but the leader (pharoh) would not listen. So he had to do something to make them listen. (kill all the babies).

Does anyone else feel like this is a totally warped thing to tell your kids? If you do not listen God will kill your child, or worse, you. I could just see the wheels in her mind and I tried to assure her that God wasn't going to kill her baby brother as long as we listened. But she was pretty disturbed for a while. I think I will shelve that show for a while.
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

rozanny said...

That is a tough one! I don't know how I'd explain that one.

Sara said...

sorry you got eliminated...:) your stuff was pretty sweet though, do you have a site where we can see all of the completed ones of everyone?