Hurray for me!

Today was a super fun day of new things. I made it to the next round of my contest. Got two more cool kits to try out and see what I can do with. And.... I made fried icecream for the first time ever! It is my favorite to eat at Mexican restaurants so I thought I should try cooking it since I am sure I could do it for less. It was so easy (just took time to freeze and re-freeze) and so yummy! Gotta make more tomorrow that is for sure. Sadly it takes a ton of oil but other than that I loved it!

Recipe:
6 cups crushed corn flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
2 eggs
Vanilla icecream
Oil to fill pan

First (this is so odd) put a plate in your freezer or tray so it can get cold. After 20 minutes take it out and then scoop large scoops of icecream out onto the tray. Put back in freezer for about 2 hours. I cheated and did 1.5.
Second crush corn flakes and mix with cinnamon and sugar. Pull out tray and use hands to put icecream in crushed mixture. Rotate and pack the mixture into icecream. Then mold into balls, put more mixture on over any holes and put back on tray. Put in freezer for a hour.
Third - add coconut to leftover flakes. Mix it up this will be your second coating. Get small bowl and beat eggs in it till smooth.
Fourth - take tray out of freezer. Dip balls into egg, coating well and then dip in crushed mixture. Do not handle too much just make sure it is all covered. Put back on tray and freeze for 30 minutes.
Fifth - heat oil in pan till about 360 degrees or until a piece of the coconut turns brown when added in about 20 or 30 seconds. When its hot enough dip each ball into the oil. Let cook, turning over, for about 15-20 seconds then put on paper towel to drain oil.
Sixth - put extra corn flakes in bowl. Put the now fried icecream on top and enjoy with chocolate syrup, butterscotch syrup, or chopped fruit. If you want you can also put it back into the freezer for another hour so its not all melty. Either way these are fantastic!
*notice that I did not say healthy... and if you are really confused there are videos on youtube
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Congrats on making it to the next round! Yay for you!

Shari Knudsen said...

Yeah happy day. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I want to see your next kits.