Candlelight Walk

Yesterday was winterfest in Horicon. First we went to the historic Satterlee House to make snowmen out of paper plates and tour the house and grounds. We would have made real snowmen if the snow hadn't melted. Very cool old house, filled with antiques -radios, pens, clothes, kids toys, old farm equipment, you name it.


Emma helped start a fire in the old forge. They burned real coal and showed how it works.



Emma won second place in the contest. Probably because she had her snowman wear ear muffs.

We missed ice skating because we don't have skates. But, then came the Candlelight Walk through the Marsh. Kids were sick, and Emma wanted to stay home and play games with Ash, so I went by myself.


It was very interesting. It would have been romantic with Jed. Our kids would have complained it was too cold. But there is a path through the marsh and up a hill. They placed luminaries (battery powered of course) in bags along the trail. I just followed a big group and enjoyed myself. I really liked it. It was a nice hike in the snow - thank goodness I wore snow pants. I kept pretty warm due to hiking and even ended up buying some artwork.

Maybe next year the whole family can go.
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

rozanny said...

I think that walk is neat... I wonder if they do any of the in Park City...