Community stuff

Did I mention that I have been meeting as part of the Horicon Phoenix Program? Well, I am. It is a community group here in Horicon that helps coordinate and host all kinds of activities in order to build up the community. We host activities, like a farmers market and music in the park during the summer. Our group also give grants for community projects and improvements and award to community leaders. Our small city does not do much. Our group puts on Fireworks, helps remodel the public dance hall, is raising money for new playground equipment, and is doing a street party with some cool bands!

I decided to run for secretary, unopposed of course. So I am now the secretary/web developer. All my days doing tech support and making web pages for fun has paid off.

I have to admit, its nice to be part of something bigger than yourself and outside of our church. It seems you can get lost serving in our church and never help the world outside of it. I sure hope we can stay here. My sister-in-law Kim has always helped with the Miss Orem pageant - over ten years. I think I would like to stay and be a part of this group for a while too.
Category: 1 comments