Bummed out

Well, its late. I am alone at home. Jed got his truck stuck coming up the lane, so a nice neighbor pulled him out and he is finding a hotel in Beaver Dam. I was just trying to find a way to entertain myself till bedtime. I sure do miss that man.

Did i post what we did for Valentines? Probably not. But I went and took Jed to lunch. First I snuck a card and his favorite sugar cookies into his truck so he would see it in the morning. Then I went and picked him up for lunch and we had the best time. Mostly because Jakey was so tired he laid on the seat and went to sleep. So a hour hour of just us! and good food. Best tasting Tomato soup.

That night, of course Jed bought me a plant. I tell him flowers are overpriced so I get a plant. It is actually pretty cool. When I first looked at it I thought it was fake. It has leaves just like all the fake greenery at craft stores. And it has these red upside-down flowers. They are amazingly pretty. So of course I thought it was fake and said so. But then I realized it was pretty cool.

And for the first time in year - and I mean years - we went out on a date. I took him to get drinks and dessert at the local mexican restaurant. That meant virgin margaritas and fried ice-cream, with many Dr. Peppers. And all the conversation a stay-at-home-never-hardly-speaks-to-adults-mom could want. It was heaven!

And today my Granny almost died. She is pretty sick and they had a hard time waking her up. Her blood sugar was so low and her heart stopped. She may not last long. I was just thinking of all the wonderful things she did for me.

Her home was always fun, filled with food, and small knick-knacks. She always ratted and dyed her hair, wore big jewelry and has an evil witch laugh that somehow I started imitating around age 22. She was always so generous to me. It sure make me sad to think I won't see her again. Not that I want her to hang on forever. She has been in so much pain lately that it would be a relief.

This is why you should never stay up late at night. Go play video games instead. Don't even think of reading scary books either.
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

rozanny said...

I'm sorry about your Granny... I know how that goes. My last one is ready. She wnats to be done but her body just keeps going.

That's awesome about the flowers though... that's just what I tell Jer about buying me flowers. I'd rather have something that won't die in a week...