At a meeting Dan expressed the website was basically in the grave. They had paid money to have it created but the individual did not follow through. They got a volunteer to help fix it and she did not follow through. I was already feeling guilty because I had not volunteered before but I assumed they had contacted a professional.
So I said I would fix it. And I have. It is FABULOUS! I am so stinkin' proud of myself. See, I was always nerdy. Always programming for fun. Making my own screensavers in high school, messing around with my FTP Space to make pages while as a TA. I built my own class site before BYU went to Blackboard, I created a blog before there were blogs. I texted people on my computer before they had coined the term texting. The group I ran with was more nerdy than you can EVER imagine. And I was the most normal out of all of them, I swear. When you dress up as a Knight and beat people up for your friday night - my playing computer games with friends was NORMAL.
I can edit movies, take out swear-words out of songs, and build websites. I have to say I can no longer hard-code, but I can find a free script and modify it to be what I want. If I wanted to brush up on my coding - I could. I sure feel like there isn't anything I can't do right now.
I am a geek and proud of it! Stinkin' proud. Get your GEEK on
I have some better pages planned with a few fun scripts. Can't wait! And, now this is new to me, make my site more responsive. This means have the site change its attributes for mobile viewing. That is new for me.

2 comments:
Neato! Jer said he's teach me, but I just got bored within the first little bit.
It is boring but for some reason I like it. Deep down, my programming self still lurks in there. You're a better artist anyway.
Post a Comment