My kids and I went to the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new marsh boardwalk. It is super fun to run on (obviously) and you can see all kinds of geese, birds, turtles along it. And bugs, did I mention bugs?
Here they are are, my three rays of sunshine.
Ashton got the Principals outstanding student award. POPS
He was so surprised and a little confused.
Group pic
Ahh, summer school. Emma signed up, or I mean I signed her up, to be in a play. It was a good experience for her. She got two parts, had to memorize lines, chose a costume, learn to dance an old country dance, and all that jazz. The lady running it was a bear, too intense and often hurt their feelings.
But she worked hard and here she is with her friend Mary.
And people came to visit - Hurray! We love visitors. Lori and her fam came.
Of course we went to Port Washington to see the great lakes - lake michigan.
There is a walkway to the lighthouse. It is rather windy and right next to the water. Its kinds fun to take others because its a bit scary.
At first I walked them on the open side - the one right next to the water. It drops straight down, is really windy, and wet. Then after just a bit I took them around the divider wall and we walked near the harbor. Which has lovely rock terracing and such.
See, nice, not so windy, and less scary. Ashton and Lucas.
Jake kept trying to go to the scary side, and kept peaking through the gaps in the divider wall. If you stay too long a big wave comes up and splashes you through the gap.
The lighthouse.
The last leg is this narrow walkway to the lighthouse. Its very slippery and no one was brave enough to do it.
I love how the kids kept looking for dead fish (the waves are so big fish get washed up) and peaking through the wall. Lori's kids are mostly red heads too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment