February 2016 Happenings

We got home from our trip and for it being the dead of winter found tons of things to keep us busy.

Jacob's kindergarten class is always doing fun stuff. They had a crazy hat/glasses day. I love how he is holding up his foot in the shot.



And for the 100th Day of school we made a dinosaur with 100 spots. Trex Tuesdays on Facebook is a new find for us. Kinda funny and feeds Jake's love of Trexs.


I decided I wanted to make my own pair of Lekku. To be a Twi'lek of course. Here is Ash modeling them. I will have to wait till summer to put the latex on them.


I love Ashton's drawings - his bank robber especially tickles my fancy.


And just a funny selfie of us one night.


My grandpa died. He had been having trouble breathing and was having spells where he would kinda pass out. Sometimes when he would sleep he would't breath for a few minutes. He had been bedridden for a few days and they decided to take his oxygen off. People were there to talk with him that night and surprising he just passed quietly away with tons of family around.

Not a bad way to go at all. So I flew out and attended the funeral. All my grandparents are now dead, that is kinda sad. And I miss my grandmother terribly.

Because he was a veteran they had the 21 gun salute. It was so touching and very fitting. A proper send-off for my grandfather.






My Dad (above) and my mother (below). They gave her his flag. Pretty nice gesture. She can fly it in her yard and have something in his memory.


While there I got to talk with family, saw my Uncle Kelly and enjoyed being around them all. We also went to see the Midway Ice Castles. That is pretty cool to walk around. A man started making an ice castle one winter for his daughter. Just water sprinkled over lights and a frame. It took off and they build it into a business.






I love the heart one.


We need one like it in Wisconsin!


While there I missed Jed's birthday so we had it the week I was back. He was a little put out but what can you do?


Emma making duct tape crafts. Man, I love that gal.


The boys loved pestering their dad.


And a Key Lime Pie for The Big Man.


Emma's gift.


Emma went with a branch friend to see a gal from BYU's Studio C, they love that show. The gal has family here and spoke at a fireside.


And I made a giant hamburger cake for Ashton's Blue and Gold Banquet. I found out he was supposed to help. Next year we will do it right. He won best in show prize.


Playing with balloons.


Disney had a "show us your ears" and we all took shots. I still love that gal!
She would make a good Jedi huh?


Jacob's class made butter. I love his faces.


And Emma won the pops award!



Category: 0 comments

0 comments: