More Confessions of a horrible Mom.... gardening

Ok, so I know a lot about plants but really cannot keep them alive! I am either too lazy, they are the wrong type for what I want them for, or I am allergic to them. Either way - when Jed or I buys me a plant, it always dies.

Emma really wanted to have plants and care for them this year. So I went to Home Depot and bought some flower baskets because they were on sale. I also bought a porch box and planted the flowers Jed gave me for Easter. Well, because I was cheap and did not buy empty planters - they died because our porch is mostly shaded. So I had to go back and buy plants that grow well in the shade. Emma was so distraught that we killed all the plants and had to replace them. And even now I keep forgetting to water them. No way they will last the summer.

Well, Emma drew me a mother's day card at school and on its front was a vase with dead flowers. Pretty pitiful...
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

rozanny said...

Sounds like me and plants! I love that she drew you dead flowers!