So for those who want an update - I am due the 22nd but the doctor said he would induce me on the 14th or so. The nice thing about FL (and there are many but also many drawbacks too) is that they think 8lb babies are the biggest they should get. So, right now my baby is about 6 1/2 pounds. Gaining 1/2 pound a week would put me at 8lbs by my due date. 8lbs here means C-section too for most doctors. What would they do for my in-laws that both have 9lbs kids? (even early! - poor Megan!)
Anyway - so I get induced at 39 weeks to make sure I won't have too large a baby and that is so fine with me. Right now I am so huge and so uncomfortable that I do not care to get any closer to my due date or go over. That means only 11 days to go! At least I have a date to count down to to save my sanity.
Secondly - this is really just funny. But I bought myself several things, sorta expensive things, and keep telling Jed and everyone else they are my mother's day gift. Keyless entry for my newer van, a newer van (did I mention that we got a 2003 Pontiac van? which I just love?) and then a new quilt patter with cloth to work on, the list goes on. I just knew I should have gotten an iPod touch and lumped that into it too. I really am too cheap to do that much damage but yesterday Jed looked at me and said, "so have you finally figured out what you want for mother's day or do you plan to buy something else?" Totally busted. He just laughed and said I needed to get over being so cheap that I have to justify buying something because at this rate I won't have any gifts for a whole year. I said I was pretty much done with new stuff I wanted. But secretly I just might buy myself a new robe for the hospital stay - maybe just because its my unbirthday!
1 comments:
That's hilarious! It's exactly what I do too... oh, these $60 new running clothes andthe books and movies I just bought are really for mother's day I swear!
Post a Comment